Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Bit of a Miracle...

...in this day and age.
Yesterday (after the challenge of the morning seen in the previous post) I was given a name to try to see if I could find a contractor and architect at a more affordable rate. Our commercial realtor went out on a limb (as they're not really supposed to recommend one business over another) and dropped the name of another property owner who knew how to cut corners but get a quality job done. All I would have to do is go to one of the business tenants and get the name.

The 2008 version of a miracle? - Four contacts developed in a very short 24-hour period. First - the owner of the business we were told to visit was actually there visiting from his out of town location. He had the number of the property owner and gave it to me. I called him and had a good conversation with him. He recommended a contractor to call and gave me his number. I called him and had a good conversation with him. He recommended a retired architect and gave me his number. I called him and had a good coversation with him. So what's the miracle??? Everyone I tried to contact - I actually connected with. One person was in town who normally isn't - and even more amazing - three answered their phones YES - answered their phones in 2008! - and took an interest in our endeavor.

The result is that the contractor and the architect will meet us at the site on Friday morning.

Thanks for your prayers. They seem to be working rapidly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am watching your progress with interest and hope to get together with you guys in the near future.

Different Cloth said...

Thank you FH! As you can see from the "Are We There Yet" post, we're inching along.