Friday, June 26, 2009

Unforeseen Networking

The fellow "visioneers" are coming out of the proverbial woodwork! (I need to ask that foxy lady with the accent where that term comes from). I took 2 calls yesterday from people who had heard about Java Journey's mission etc. Neither of which were a result of any proactive promotion or recruitment.

One was from a Christ-follower in Chicago who will be visiting NC next week. We will get together to talk about our mutual dreams of day-to-day ministry. Without going into detail, let me say that this person has worked in high-scale institutional settings doing restorative type ministry with hurting people. I'm curious and excited to see what develops.

The other was from a Christ-follower (part of a couple) in the area who was involved with another missional endeavor in Hickory about 3-4 years ago. For various reasons (timing, preparation, etc.) the effort was abandoned. Again, without going into detail, I knew about this particular venture before I even left California. Both are very eager to explore what Java Journey is doing and ready to become part of the network.

It's dazzling me how this divine reinforcement is taking place after we courageously (and "stupidly") signed a lease that had "the numbers" crying out against us.

That "Indiana Jones" bridge is really there!

No comments: